Structural tie rod anti-corrosion treatment is very important for the life span of the building if it is done improperly, structural tie rod might be corrosion influenced, which will lead to more maintenance work. And this can be avoided by good anti-corrosion treatment work. The application of high-strength structural tie rod in this project meets the needs of large-span concrete beam structure, which reduces the steel quantity of the building structure, the building becomes more portable and beautiful. At the same time, steel structural tie rod lever itself has advantages of certain stiffness, convenient for construction and installation, short construction period, saving time and cost.
Installation of Structural Steel Tie Rod
- For single structural steel tie rod is more than 11 meters in length, and through the reserved hole, the reserved hole mouth up and down all need double nut and shim (bent truss beam under the mouth does not need), so the single structural steel rod is divided into 2 segments connection is made, namely the ramp between three and bent truss beam by adjusting sleeve 6 80 steel bar connection into three steel bar, in order to meet the design requirements
- The double nuts and iron cushion shall be placed in the corresponding embedded casing position in advance, and U-shaped joint shall be welded to steel pull rod end temporarily, so that the rod body does not damage galvanized layer on the surface of the steel pull rod during hoisting.
- Installation principle: the installation sequence of structural steel tie rods under the steel beam of the same axis shall be from high to low, from both ends to the middle direction.
- Wire rope through the U-shaped joint hole, hoisting should be in place slowly, in advance to choose the structural steel tie rod emplacement path, and prevent scaffolding steel pipe, steel box girder to steel rod impact measures, especially on the connection of the adverse effect of thread.
- Steel rod in the process of hoisting, perforation in place, using hand chain hoist and lifting belt auxiliary positioning rod bottom end (perforation), artificial set of structural steel tie rod mat iron, double nut, adopt the method of vertical suspension to control the verticality of pull rod, and the error control within the permit, stay rod elevation, verticality are all meet the design requirements. The upper and lower orifice pads and double nuts of the 3 embedded sleeves in the ramp shall be installed and tightened successively.
- Special use special torque wrench turn adjusting sleeve and special fixture (to avoid damage of galvanized steel tie rod surface layer) are installed by the ramp between one and three ramp rod body, avoid with sleeve rotation, the regulating sleeve for the positive and negative screw thread, adjusting sleeve should be installed according to the positive and negative screw thread depth appropriate rotation on both ends of the sleeve, ensure the upper and lower end clearance rod body in the sleeve for about 28 mm, as steel bar stress adjustment allowance.
- The same method is used to lift the steel pull rod between the ramp no.3 and the main beam of upper chord successively. After steel pull rod is in place, a special clamp is used to jam the adjusting sleeve, steel pull rod at the upper end of the sleeve is rotated with a special torque wrench, and the depth control of steel pull rod is rotated at the same time, to ensure the end clearance of the two rod bodies within the sleeve is 28mm.
- The end contact surface of the structural steel tie rod of the main beam should be polished and level off before installing the contact surface of the iron cushion and the nut to ensure that there is no Angle between the iron cushion and the main beam.
Structural Tie Rods with Upset and Rolled Threads acc. to DIN EN 1993-5
|Stressed Area, Thread||As||[mm²]||976||1,121||1,306||1,473||1,758||2,030||2,362|
Corrosion Resistance of Structural Steel Tie Rod End Thread Sealing
The structural steel tie rod used in this project adopts the same coating process for surface anti-corrosion, except the end connection thread, so the sealing anti-corrosion at the thread is the key part of the structural steel tie rod anti-corrosion.
This project adopts the neutral room temperature vulcanized high-grade sealant for anti-corrosion. This kind of sealant has good adhesion to a steel beam and zinc-rich primer, good weather resistance, water-resistance, and high and low-temperature property. Its anti-corrosion life can reach to over 30 years, and the service temperature is 65℃ to 300℃.
Steel tie rod installation (threaded connection is not adjusted), after the sleeve, nut, mat iron screw tooth surface and combining with the end to clean up, thoroughly remove grease, rust, and debris on the surface of the sealant with glue gun play at the end of thread surface, as well as the combination of components and shim and oblique beam concrete interface, evenly with flat to be closed.
Structural Tie rod Surface Anti-corrosion Post Treatment
For structural tie rod parts that have been used as antirust primers but have been damaged, re-embroidered, peeled, etc., and parts that have not been used as antirust primers, they should be first polished and cleaned manually. Then, water-based inorganic zinc-rich primers should be used as antirust primers with a dry film thickness of 100um, and then primers, intermediate paints, and topcoats should be sprayed as required to meet the design requirements.
If you happen to be inneed of structural steel tie rod or threaded stud of high tensile strength, send email now for more details now!