Boiler Tube Application:
A boiler is a sealed device that heats fluid in. When the fluid is fully heated, it will reply on boiler tubes to leave the container. Boiler tubes are seamless tubes, which are made of either carbon steel or alloy steel. Boiler tubes can be applied widely in both industrial or domestic scenarios. Usually, they are used in steam boilers, industrial processing plants, electric power plants, etc.
Boiler Tube Production process:
Due to some differences in the production process, Boiler tubes can be divided into medium-pressure boiler pipe and high-pressure boiler pipe. The initial process of production, which includes fine drawing, surface bright, hot rolling, cold drawn and heat expansion, are the same for both the medium-pressure boiler pipe and high-pressure boiler pipe. But for high-pressure boiler pipe, there are some extra steps of heat treatment to make the pipe more resistant.
Heat treatment, includingquenching, tempering and annealing means the heating and cooling process of the high-pressure boiler pipes, which adds toughness, hardness and wear resistance to the pipe.
–Quenching: the pipe is heated to an appropriate temperature and then quickly immersed into water or oil for instant cooling. It prevents undesired low-temperature processes from occurring, such as phase transformations and can increase the hardness of the pipe.
–Tempering is used to remove internal stress from the pipe. It is done by first heating the pipe to a certain point temperature for a time period, and then cool it off.
–Annealing can increase the ductility and reduce the hardness of the pipe. In the process, the pipe is heated to the critical temperature and then left for slow cooling.
Types of Boiler Tubes
there are two types of Boiler tubes: water-tube Boiler tubes and fire-tube Boiler tubes.
- Water-tube Boiler tubes: A boiler with high pressure tubes withholding the water inside the tube and externally heated by the gases. In the furnace, fuel is burned to generate hot gas that heats water in the tubes to produce steam.
- Fire-tube Boiler tubes: A fire tube boiler is a form of boiler whereby heated gases flow through one or more tubes running through a closed device of water. The heat of the gases transmits through the tubes, heating up the water outside and eventually producing steam.
Boiler Tube Standard Specifications
ASME(American society of mechanical engineers)
- ASME SA-106: Standard Specification for Seamless Carbon Steel Pipe for High-Temperature Service
- ASME SA-192M: Seamless Carbon Steel Boiler Tubes for High Pressure
- ASME SA-209M: Seamless carbon-Molybdenum Alloy-Steel Boiler and Superheater Tubes
- ASME SA-210M: Seamless Medium-carbon Steel Boiler and Superheater Tubes
- ASME SA-213M: Seamless ferritic and austenitic alloy steel boiler, superheater and heat exchanger tubes
- ASME SA178: Electric-Resistance-Welded Carbon Steel and Carbon-Manganese Steel Boiler and Superheater
- ASTM A213: Seamless ferritic and austenitic alloy steel boiler, superheater and heat exchanger tubes
- SA213-T2: ASME SA213 T2 has allowable stresses listed up to 1000F in the ASME Boiler Code.
- SA213-T12: Seamless Ferritic and Austenitic Alloy-Steel Boiler, Superheater, Heat-Exchanger Tubes.
- SA213-T11: The tubes are used in heat exchangers, super heaters and in boilers.
- SA213-T22: ASM T22 Boiler Tube is a high temperature tolerance tube that is used in acidic and corrosive environments such as the hydrochloric processing and in aluminum chloride catalyst involving applications.
- ASTM A 106M: Seamless Carbon Steel Pipe for High-Temperature Service
- ASTM A192M: Seamless Carbon Steel Boiler Tubes for High Pressure
- ASTM A210M: Seamless Medium-carbon Steel Boiler and Superheater Tubes
- ASTM A 335M: Seamless ferritic alloy-steel pipe for high-temperature service
Aside from the high-quality boiler tubes, we could also offer fabrication service, including boiler tube bending and welding per our customer’s request. For more details, please feel free to contact us.